Reaganomics

A Tacoma News Tribune user named Reaganomics left me a public message on my user profile:

Reaganomics Photo Reaganomics wrote:
Berd, I am so happy you went to the protest. This little example should help you understand why these two cowards should not be released. Let's say you are organizing a protest. You assign me to bring the granola. I assure you that I will bring a whole Subaru full of healthy granola to feed the hungry protesters. When protest day happens I fail to show up with the required supplies. No one is willing to protest because they don't have the energy. That would mean that I failed to keep my word to you as my commander-in-chief. That is what these fellows did, except their error could mean someone else forfits their life. I hope this little example helps you understand.
10/24/2009 6:00 AM PDT on Tacoma - The News Tribune


To which I replied:


BerdWhitlock Photo BerdWhitlock wrote:
Reaganomics:

Let's consider a little anecdote.

Let's say that I want control over the whole world. Let's say I want global dominance.

Let's say you have something I consider an important prize in your yard. Let's say that I think this prize is connected to my posture of global dominance. Oh do I ever want this prize. But there's a problem.

You also want this prize. In fact, you don't want me to control it, or to take it. And you are not offering it for sale.

I consider the prize a "vital interest."

I want it so bad. So let's say I will create a government, complete with a military, for the purpose of taking the prize from the yard where you live.

Now I consider the prize a "vital national interest." And I convince a large portion of my country that it truly is. I also convince a large portion of my country that you are dangerous, evil, backward, and a threat to their way of life.

Next, Let's say I will bomb you and your country, invade it with my army, and fight ruthlessly against anyone who resists my efforts to establish control. I will fight so ruthlessly that I will not hesitate to open fire in the presence of civilians- so that even your children are endangered by your resistance to my occupation.

Imagine that.

That is what America has done.

I hope this little example helps you understand what the USA has done.
10/26/2009 4:17 PM PDT on Tacoma - The News Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Aldo Leopold: "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."

keywords: peace, justice, truth, love, wisdom, common sense, ethics, nonviolence, compassion, communication, community, egalitarian, equitable, society, culture, future, politics, government, public interest, sustainability, economy, ecology, nature, beauty, urban issues, environment, wilderness, energy, industry, reciprocity, karma, dignity, honor, patience, life, photography, music, flowers, and more!