What's Happening

Lately I haven't had much going on in the way of this blog. I haven't been taking a whole lot of pictures. I am starting (something, which I forgot about while I was just making popcorn.)

Anyway, it's raining right now, and it's cold outside. There is a fire in the wood stove, I can hear it crackling away. I have a lot of homework to do.

I am taking an Environmental Studies course and have a lot of work to do to get my individual project going. The question I want to ask is: How does the environment, and our relationship with the environment (speaking primarily of ecology here) affect us as individuals, and as a society more broadly? I can certainly admit to bias as far as this question goes. Speaking of my personal and subjective experience; I am deeply and profoundly affected by my environment - whatever I can sense. Noise, light, smell, the forest, the city, a marvellous specimen of fungus, or - a half clothed homeless person completely passed out (and possibly dead) laying face down on cold concrete in the financial district of an urban core. These all have had an effect on me in recent times.

Has the field of eco-psychology as yet emerged from of the fringes of the social sciences?

Every day dawns anew, and it's a miracle to be alive.

For now, I am going to enjoy the heat and sounds of wood crackling, the taste of fresh popcorn and consider going for a brief walk in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Aldo Leopold: "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."

keywords: peace, justice, truth, love, wisdom, common sense, ethics, nonviolence, compassion, communication, community, egalitarian, equitable, society, culture, future, politics, government, public interest, sustainability, economy, ecology, nature, beauty, urban issues, environment, wilderness, energy, industry, reciprocity, karma, dignity, honor, patience, life, photography, music, flowers, and more!