Terrorized by Bush and Company, "Neoconservatives" et. al.

Ever since the SCOTUS appointed George Bush and Dick Cheney to the executive administration in the year 2000, I have felt a range of emotions and states of being: from apathy to depression; from incredulity to rage; brief glimpses of hope and encouragement to brief snatches of fear.

It is the last descriptor that I want to address.

I am not someone who takes fear lightly. I work hard in my life to make fear as small an aspect of my being as possible. I don't do all that I could surely, but I do practice several ways and means of reducing the impact of fear in my life. One important process in this is my belief in Karma and right action. When I am myself, and I am true, I treat my environment with respect, which helps avoid unpleasant feed back.

It doesn't always work. And in this day and age, it is important to take risks. It is important to speak up and to speak out against the tyranny of the oppressor.

And that is what I would like to explore: Are the keepers of power planning on the institution of absolute rule? Federal reaction to the NOLA disaster might lead one to tend to think so. Sure, it's a conspiracy theory, but it's good practice for them. Wait until the chaos ripens, criminals over-run the streets - the common man may actually welcome the tyrants' martial forces.

Our best line of defense against this imperial tyranny of federalist plutocrats (ie Bushco Neocons et al) is local government, cities, states, counties and a well prepared and organized citizenry.

The actions of the mayor of New Orleans shows this. Like a well-rehearsed set of escape routes in case of a house fire, we should know what to do in case of unrest - due to another 9/11 type event (dirty nuke? viral outbreak?)

Back to fear, sorry. Anyway, sometimes when I am really putting a bore into the neoconservative agenda, when I am really digging into the motives and hideous qualities of it all and I feel that I have stricken a nerve; I get a sense is that these men are filled with a vile and insidious wrath. Are they bent on wielding total control, absolute power, over their respective plots? It is these images, coupled with the Cheney snarl, the Bush temper tantrum, the Rumsfeld whine and whimper that make me feel sick and worried, even fearful of what these men are capable of.

They show no remorse. It haunts me occasionally, disturbs my dream states... (Is there a law-suit for emotional trauma here?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Aldo Leopold: "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."

keywords: peace, justice, truth, love, wisdom, common sense, ethics, nonviolence, compassion, communication, community, egalitarian, equitable, society, culture, future, politics, government, public interest, sustainability, economy, ecology, nature, beauty, urban issues, environment, wilderness, energy, industry, reciprocity, karma, dignity, honor, patience, life, photography, music, flowers, and more!